Saturday, November 2, 2019

MFT Sketch 461 & Color 128 Challenges

Hello, and thanks for stopping by.

Today I have a card for the current MFT Sketch and Color challenges.  The colors for challenge #128 are Field Day, Sour Apple, Orange Zest and Gravel Gray.  I used MFT Orange Fizz card stock instead of Orange Zest, and Copic markers for the Field Day (G19) and Gravel Gray (N0, N2)

I'm working on a set of birthday cards for kids ages 6 to 12, so the two challenges gave me a good jumping point.  I think the Monster Sized stamps are so cute, and they are quick and easy to color.  Instead of circles as shown on the sketch, I used squares, and I moved the sentiment strip to the left of the bottom image.  I struggled a bit with the background piece, but finally decided on a lightly stenciled brick pattern.  The Dried Marigold Distress Oxide Ink matches the MFT Orange Fizz card stock well, so I went with it.  I softened the Sour Apple squares behind the monsters with Heavyweight Translucent Vellum.

Have a great day!
 

MFT Supplies:
Monster Sized stamps and dies
English Brick Wall stencil
Double Stitched Squares die
A2 Rectangle STAX Set 1 die
Sour Apple and Orange Fizz card stock
Heavyweight Translucent Vellum



2 comments:

  1. Love this adorable card! It's such a fun card for children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy. Thank you. Those cute monsters always make a cute card :-)

      Delete