Sunday, November 24, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 21

Hello, and thanks for stopping by.

Today is day 21 of Tracey McNeeley's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  You can read about Tracey's fun event and play along here.

I'm still making tags to match  holiday wrapping paper and gift bags that I have on hand.  My goal is to each day find a tag that I'm inspired by (not hard at all with all the beautiful and creative designers participating), pick a wrapping paper or a gift bag, and when I can, use the  sponsor of the day products as well.  I'm down to two rolls of wrapping paper and three gift bags that I haven't made tags for yet, so it's getting a bit more challenging to tie all the elements together.

Today's sponsor is Lawn Fawn and the blog is full of adorable and creative tags for inspiration.  I had forgotten that I had Lawn Fawn's Tiny Tags set until I saw Lindsey's cute tags (here).  I decided to use those as my inspiration.

I have a roll of wrapping paper on hand with an unusual combination of Christmas colors, and I have no matching card stock. The background is brick red, the stars are peach, and the trees are mint green.  I thought a white and red Tiny Tag would work well for it.

This tag evolved as I was making it. First I die cut a white star and stamped a red ink sentiment on it.  Not much too it, so I stamped two more, with the plan to thread them together with baker's twine.  Still looked too plain.  So I die cut three black stars and attached them to the white ones. See the photo and notes below on how I assembled the tag.

I really like the way this tag turned out.  And an added bonus, I got a gift all wrapped and ready to go under the Christmas tree.

Many thanks to Lawn Fawn, Lindsey, and all the designers for the sponsorship and inspiration.

Twenty-one down, just four to go! 


Assembly
First I threaded all three white stars on a looped piece of baker's twine through the holes from the back to the front.  The loop at the top should be on top side of the first star.

Next the twine was glued to each black star to hold it in place in between two pieces of foam tape. The distance between each black star was measured before gluing the twine to it to keep them evenly spaced.  I rotated the black stars one turn so the tips would be visible behind the white stars.

Finally, the white stars were slid down and attached to the black stars with the foam tape and an added dab of glue.  The twine and foam tape are the same thickness, so the white star lays flat popped up over the black star for added dimension.

 
Supplies: 
Lawn Fawn Tiny Tags Die
and
Tiny Tag Sayings Stamps

MFT Black Licorice and Smooth White Card Stock
MFT Cherry Crisp Ink

Michael's/Celebrate It Baker's Twine

1 comment: