Tuesday, November 5, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 2


I'm back with my 2nd Christmas tag for Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event.  You can read all about Tracey's fun and inspiring holiday preparation event here.

I like things to match, so I'm challenging myself to make tags to match wrapping paper I have on hand.  My goal is to each day find a tag that I'm inspired by (not hard at all with all the beautiful and creative designers participating), pick a wrapping paper, and when I can, use the days sponsor's products as well.

Today's (day 2) sponsor is Ellen Hutson.  The EH Ambassadors have created a collection of beautiful and inspiring Christmas tags.  I was immediately drawn to the adorable tag made by Michele Ferguson.  A crisp plaid background, three chickens with Santa hats, and a bit of sass too!  Take a look at her tag here

For my tag, I followed Michele's layout of 'threes' with trees and snowflakes to match my wrapping paper.   Although my tag isn't cute and fun like Michele's, I'm happy with my efforts to make a tag that looks nice with the wrapping paper, and an added plus, the little trees are an Essential by Ellen die!  All of the supplies are listed below.

Two down, 23 to go!



Supplies:
MFT Tag Builder Blueprint 4
Essentials by Ellen Bear Ware 2 tree die
Essentials by Ellen Mondo Holly sentiment stamp
 MFT Snowflake die
Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Boarders die
MFT Card Stock:  Smooth White, Kraft & Chocolate Brown
Catherine Pooler Icing on the Cake ink
Michaels/Recollections polka dot vellum & ribbon




9 comments:

  1. Your tag is a perfect match for this beautiful wrapping paper! You're on a roll (no pun intended)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy. Thanks so much for all of your kind comments. I am on a roll...haha...except for day three I used a gift bag!

      Delete
  2. This is such a brilliant idea, to coordinate your inspired tags with your wrapping paper! I have to admit, I'm always left in the dwindling days before Christmas with a bunch of tags and wrapping paper that have very little to do with each other. :D Such a beautiful and elegant tag - I like how you took Michele's inspiration and suited it to your needs. Thanks for participating in Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey. Thanks so much for your encouraging comments!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks very much Susan. It was a lucky coincidence that I have those tree dies and they are a good match to the one piece of that paper I have left. And, I remembered I had them....amazing :-)

      Delete
  4. Begs to question... which came first? the chickens, or the trees!!?? SO cute, Nancy... those little trees are so cute, dusted with the snow - almost like I had in my yard today!! LOve this wrapping paper - and what a splendid design idea!
    Thanks so much for being so sweet! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michele. Thank YOU for the inspiration with your cute chickens, and for all of your kind comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfectly lovely tag. I also "lifted" this tag but I didn't have chickens either. My chicken were replaced with trees. Your tag is darling. Enjoy the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete