Sunday, November 10, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 6

Hello.  I'm back with a tag for day 6 of Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.   Here  is a link to Tracey's blog with all the information.

I like things to match, so I'm challenging myself to make tags to match wrapping paper I have on hand.  My goal is to each day find a tag that I'm inspired by (not hard at all with all the beautiful and creative designers participating), pick a wrapping paper or gift bag, and when I can, use the days sponsor's products as well.  I deviated a bit on it today, more on that below.

Today's sponsor is AveryElle.  When I looked at the design team tags, I was drawn to Nicky Meek's cute shaker tag with the focal point image on the outside of the shaker component.  You can see Nicky's tag here.   I have a couple of AveryElle holiday stamp sets, but neither worked for what I had in mind.  No problem though.  I've made many kids Christmas and holiday cards to donate while stretching my everyday stamps into holiday designs.

I used Copic markers to color a cute puppy from the AveryElle Furry Friends set.  The shaker background piece was stamped with the WOOF and paw stamps, and I stamped and fussy cut a dog bone for the shaker, all from the Furry Friends set.  The Santa hat,  Merry stamp and pine sprigs are from other suppliers as noted below.

I started making the tag with the intention of matching it to a red and green plaid gift bag.  But once it was done, I thought it would be cute to tie it to a clear cello bag filled with dog treats.  It's only by coincidence that when I got some of our sweet Sadie's dog treats out to take a picture of the tag, that I realized that they have 'woof' on them.  So cute that the treats match the 'Merry woof woof' sentiment inside the shaker!

Sadie will have to decide which of her furry friends gets this tag and bag of treats for Christmas...haha.

Thanks to AveryElle for being the day 6 sponsor, and thank you for stopping by to take a closer look at my tag and read about my thoughts behind it.

Six down, 19 to go!

 
Supplies:
Avery Elle Furry Friends stamps and die
CAS-UAL Fridays tag die
MFT Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window die and Shaker Pouch
Essentials by Ellen Bear Wear 2 stamp and die (Santa hat)
MFT Jingle All the Way sentiment stamp (Merry)
Pretty Pink Posh Pine Sprigs dies
MFT Card Stock:  Smooth White, Kraft and Elf Green
Altenew Ink - Evergreen (sentiment)
Catherine Pooler Ink - Icing on the Cake (paw prints and bone)
Michael's/Recollections sequins, ribbon and jute 




 

14 comments:

  1. This tag is so cute! Way to stretch your supplies, too. I love the fur texture of your coloring — it looks really realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. All doggies are cute with a Santa hat on!

      Delete
  3. This is the most adorable tag! I hope whoever your cute Sadie sends this gift to has an owner who will save this beautiful tag. Love your coloring on this precious pup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. We do think Sadie is pretty cute, and thanks for the nice comments too!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Susan. It was just a coincidence that the dog treats had 'woof' on them. Lucky choice of a stamp on my part :-)

      Delete
  5. This is the sweetest tag ever! I could never throw away this cutie. Put this on any gift and I would be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, I appreciate your thoughtful comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Angela. So nice of you to visit my blog and leave kind comments. I love your little day 17 mouse, just adorable!

      Delete