Saturday, November 9, 2019

MFT Color Challenge 129 - Birthday Wishes

Hi, I'm back again today with a card for the current MFT Color Challenge featuring After Midnight, Ripe Raspberry, Persimmon and Summer Splash.  

The color challenges are my favorites as they force me to use color combinations that I normally wouldn't try on my own.  I got off to a slow start and changed the layout and focal point images several times along the way, but in the end finished with a card that I like.

Beary Special Birthday is one of the first MFT stamp sets I bought, and I have gotten so much use out of it.  The images are cute and easy to color with Copic markers. 

I die cut the background piece with the MFT Peek-a-Boo Polka Dots die in Smooth White, Ripe Raspberry, Coral Crush and Summer Splash card stock.  An A2 size piece of Stick It double-sided adhesive paper made neat and quick work of placing the colored polka dots in random order on the white base.  To tone down the background piece a bit, I covered it with a sheet of vellum.  It softened the background enough for the bear images to be seen.  I used Copic markers B24 and B37, and Catherine Pooler Juniper Mist ink, for the After Midnight color.

Glossy Accents on the balloon, Wink of Stella on the ribbons, and Jelly Roll pen stripes on the party hat and stars add some shimmer and shine.  All of the MFT supplies are listed below.

Have a beary good day!



MFT Supplies:
Beary Special Birthday stamps and dies
Peek-a-Boo Polka Dots Cover-Up die
Sentiment Label Strip die
Handwritten Happiness sentiment stamp
Circle Window and Frame die (star)
Card stock:  Smooth White, Ripe Raspberry, Coral Crush and Summer Splash 






1 comment: