Saturday, November 16, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 13

Today is day 13 and the half-way point of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 hosted by Tracey McNeely.  You can read about it and play along here.

I'm still challenging myself to match my tags to holiday wrapping paper and gift bags that I have on hand.  My goal is to each day find a tag that I'm inspired by (not hard at all with all the beautiful and creative designers participating), pick a wrapping paper or a gift bag, and when I can, use the  sponsor of the day products as well.

Today's sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays.  Their blog has lots of great tag inspiration, and I was quickly drawn to Joyce's CAS Hanukkah tags, seen here.  When I looked through my supplies, I found that I had a CAS-ual Fridays die set that matches a gift bag quite nicely.  Pure luck! 

I kept my tag CAS as well, but left off a sentiment and added thin strips of gold glitter card stock on each side to more closely mimic the gift bag design.  Instead of a ribbon, I die cut a link, folded it in half and threaded it through the tag loop.  After looking at the CAS-ual Fridays web site, it looks like all of the dies I used today are retired.

Many thanks to CAS-ual Friday for being today's sponsor, and to Joyce for her inspiration too...the second day in a row.

Thirteen down, 12 to go!

 
Supplies:
CAS-ual Fridays Funky Squares and 
Linked die sets (retired)

MFT Card Stock:
Whipped Cream, Cranberry, Cherry Crisp and Gold Sparkle 




6 comments:

  1. What amazing luck, the stamped image looks PERFECT with this bag! I love the link you used to attach the tag to the bag - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. I like the link too, and will try and use it for other tags too.

      Delete
  2. Looks like my previous comment here was lost. I was complimenting your fabulous tag, and also telling you that it is another coincidence that I also got started making cards after encountering the supplies at Paper Source (in Carlsbad Forum Shops) and booking my now 20 year old daughter's 11th birthday party there. No looking back after that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. That die set was made for that bag, or the other way around! In any case it was a fun match-up.

      Delete
  4. Simply beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

    ReplyDelete