Tuesday, November 5, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 1


Hello, and thanks for stopping by.

I've followed Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event for a few years and decided to jump in this year and play along.  You can read all about Tracey's fun and inspiring holiday preparation event here.

I like things to match, so I'm going to try and make tags to match wrapping paper I have on hand.  Each day I'll find a tag that I'm inspired by, pick a wrapping paper, and when I can, use the days sponsor's products as well.

Today's sponsor is Altenew.  I really like Svitlana Shayevich's CAS tag with Altenew's Bold Numbers dies.  Here is a link to her beautiful tag.  

Instead of Altenew's Bold Numbers dies, I used the Bold Letters to make a tag with my daughter's first initial.  I added a dry embossed wood grain background, little gold trees and red stars to match the wrapping paper.  All of the supplies are little below.

One down, 24 to go!


 
Supplies:
MFT Tag Builder Blueprints 4 dies
Altenew Bold Letters die 
MFT Snow Globe tree dies
MFT Circle Shaker Window and Frame star die
Darice Woodgrain embossing folder
MFT Card stock:  Smooth White, Kraft, Cherry Crisp & Brushed Gold
Michael's/Recollections washi tape, jute & string




8 comments:

  1. My favorite thing about making tags is designing them to match the wrapping paper. I love how well this one coordinates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag to go with your pretty paper! Now all you have to do is make sure you have enough paper to wrap the present for your daughter :) That would be where I would probably fail when the time came to wrap - not enough paper :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy! Yes, I thought about that. So far I'm using leftover wrapping paper from last year. Hopefully I'll be able to use all the tags and paper as planned! I suppose it will just offer another challenge on wrapping day :-)

      Delete
    2. LOL, Nancy, you are truly a brave lady! If all else fails and you run out, a solid color with a lovely tag will always look beautiful and be appreciated :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun tag. Thank you for participating in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete