Wednesday, November 6, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 3

I'm back with my 3rd Christmas tag for Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event.  You can read all about Tracey's fun and inspiring event here.

I like things to match, so I'm challenging myself to make tags to match wrapping paper I have on hand.  My goal is to each day find a tag that I'm inspired by (not hard at all with all the beautiful and creative designers participating), pick a wrapping paper, and when I can, use the days sponsor's products as well.

Today's sponsor is Newton's Nook.  I don't have any of their products, but there were plenty of terrific tags created by their design team.  I decided to make a masculine tag for a black and tan buffalo plaid gift bag using inspiration from Jennifer Jackson's deer tags.  You can take a look at them here.

The Leaping Deer from Essentials by Ellen is the focal point of my tag.  I added a strip of red and white patterned paper to brighten up the dark, masculine color pallet.  All of the supplies are listed below.

Many thanks to Newton's Nook for offering a sponsorship prize.

Three down, 22 to go!



 25 days of Christmas Tags | 2018 



Supplies:
MFT Tag Builder Blueprints 4
Essentials by Ellen Leaping Deer die
MFT Snow Globe sentiment die and stamp
MFT Graphic Grid 6x6 Paper Pack
MFT Card Stock: Whip Cream,  Black Licorice & Cherry Crisp
Michael's/Recollections jute, string and jingle bell



7 comments:

  1. Nancy, I love your beautiful tag (the deer is so handsome!) on the gift bag! Your tags are truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tag looks brilliant against the gift bag! Great colour combo...
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. It will work well for a masculine gift recipient.

      Delete
  3. Your deer tag is gorgeous; so striking with the red/black and perfect for your gift bag! Clever you to match tags-and-bags! You'll be set for Christmas in no time! Thrilled that you're 'playing tag' with us at 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carol! I'm really enjoying the daily challenge to pull of the design elements together on a little tag!

    ReplyDelete