Tuesday, November 12, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 9

Hello, and thanks for stopping by to take a closer look at my tag for day 9 of Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  You can read all about Tracey's fun and inspirational game here. 

I like things to match, so I'm challenging myself to make tags to match wrapping paper I have on hand.  My goal is to each day find a tag that I'm inspired by (not hard at all with all the beautiful and creative designers participating), pick a wrapping paper or a gift bag, and when I can, use products  from the sponsor of the day as well.

Today I'm using the same gift bag that I used yesterday.   Last year I bought a bulk package of them and I still have several on hand.  I'll need a few more tags that match it so you'll be seeing more of this red and green plaid bag in the days ahead.

Today's sponsor in Pink & Main, a company that I don't have any products from.  Their design team made some adorable tags.  I love the little owls and wreaths that Zsofia and Carol used, so my tag is inspired from theirs.  You can see Zsofia's tags here  and Carol's here.

For the wreath, I used Lawn Fawn's (also one of Tracey's sponsors) Large and Small Wreath die sets.
The little owl is from the MFT Wild Woodland set and colored with Copic markers.  I thought the little wreath tag could also be used as a tree ornament, so I added a separate and removable small oblong tag for the "to" and "from" information.

Many thanks to Pink and Main for being a sponsor.

Nine down, 16 to go!


 
Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Small Wreath and Large Wreath dies
MFT Wild Woodland stamp and die
Essentials by Ellen Mondo Holly sentiment stamp
Darice Wood Grain dry embossing folder
MFT Tag Builder Blueprint 4
MFT Card Stock:  Kraft, Elf Green, Field Green, 
Cherry Crisp and Gold Sparkle
Michael's?Celebrate It ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is such a great idea! The owl on the wreath tag will make a sweet little Christmas tree ornament and I love that you added a special, decorated tag for the personal info. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. I've used that Lawn Fawn wreath set a lot!

      Delete
  2. I love this combination of tag and bag! The small tag is such a good idea too as the lovely wreath and owl will make a super ornament!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Susan. I appreciate your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you clever to make your tags to go with the packaging you have! I totally love the wreath tag you made which is perfect with the beautiful plaid bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greta. It's a bit of a challenge some days to find a way to pull all the design elements together, but satisfying when the tag is done!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely tag. Thank you for participating in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete