Wednesday, November 20, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 17

Hello, and thanks for stopping by.

Today is day 17  of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 hosted by Tracey McNeely.  You can read about Tracey's fun event and play along here.

I'm making tags to match  holiday wrapping paper and gift bags that I have on hand.  It's been a fun twist to tie all the elements together.  My goal is to each day find a tag that I'm inspired by (not hard at all with all the beautiful and creative designers participating), pick a wrapping paper or a gift bag, and when I can, use the  sponsor of the day products as well.

Today's sponsor is Pretty Pink Posh.  There are so many beautiful inspiration tags on their blog today.  I have a few PPP holiday stamp and die sets, and decided to use pretty Carol's ornament tags   (here)  as my inspiration.

I had several gift bags to choose from, but chose one that has been passed back and forth between my sister and I for several years, it's our little tradition now.  The bag has holly leaves that are similar to the holly on one of the ornaments.

I used Copic markers to color the ornaments after heat embossing them with Princess Gold powder.  I know using Copics with heat embossed images isn't recommended, but last year I made many Christmas cards doing so.  I  keep the marker nib away from the embossing as much as possible, and when I finish all the coloring, I replace the nibs on the markers since they get slightly sticky if not clogged a bit.  Coloring just one or two ornaments, as for this tag,  doesn't require that the nibs be replaced though.

Many thanks to Pretty Posh Pink for being a sponsor, and to Carol and all of the designers for all the beautiful inspirations.

Seventeen down, eight to go!



Supplies:
Pretty Pink Posh:
 Decorative Ornaments stamps and dies
Elegant Holly stamps
Happy Snowman sentiment stamp
4mm Sparkling Clear sequins
----------
CAS-ual Fridays Tag Trio die
MFT Whipped Cream card stock
Versamark Watermark ink
Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder
Copic Markers: E41, Y23, YR23, YR24, G19, YG45,
R05, R14 and R17
Ranger Glossy Accents
Nuvo Drops white
DMC E3821 gold embroidery floss
Michael's/Celebrate It ribbon





6 comments:

  1. It's so satisfying how well the ornaments match the bag! I really like the arrangement of the layers, too, with the holly behind the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag and it's a great match for this pretty bag!

    ReplyDelete