Wednesday, November 13, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 10

Simon Says Stamp is the sponsor for day 10 of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 event hosted by Tracey McNeely.  You can read all about Tracey's inspirational tag making fun here. 

I like things to match, so I'm challenging myself to make tags to match wrapping paper I have on hand.  My goal is to each day find a tag that I'm inspired by (not hard at all with all the beautiful and creative designers participating), pick a wrapping paper or a gift bag, and when I can, use the  sponsor of the day products as well.   

The Simon Says Stamps designers made a variety of beautiful and inspiring tags.  Right away I was drawn to Debby's crisp red and white tag with the sentiment as the focal point.  You can see it here.   I looked through my holiday wrapping paper and gift bags and found a bag with bright red, green and white ornaments that I thought would look good with a red and white tag.  

I have the Simon Says Stamps Inside Sentiments stamp set, but none of them had the bold look I wanted.  The sentiments from the Merry Mistletoe set was closer to what I wanted.

First go around, I stamped one of the sentiments on a regular small tag, but it didn't have the impact that Debby's tag did.  I thought an ornament shape would be fun and the AveryElle Rounded Diamonds dies and were the right shape.  I really like the way this tag turned out.   AveryElle was the day 6 sponsor so that was a plus too.  I like to use as many sponsor supplies as I can.

Many thanks to Simon Says Stamp for their generous sponsorship, and to Debby for her inspiring tag.

Ten down, 15 to go!


 
Supplies:
Simon Says Stamp Merry Mistletoe stamps
AveryElle Rounded Diamonds dies
MFT Snowflake die
Versamark Watermark ink
Ranger Rich Red embossing powder
MFT Smooth White card stock
Red foil card stock from my stash
Michael's/Recollections baker's twine and ribbon



 



6 comments:

  1. Wow! Nancy, this tag is just so clever and beautiful! On first sight I thought oh my goodness you have an ornament die just like on the bag...wherever did she get that?! So I read all the deets and found that you were ever so clever in creating that beautiful ornament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. It was one of those rare 'light bulb' moments when I thought of stacking the rounded diamonds!

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful, and what a great idea to match your wrappings. You will have a beautiful and stylish Christmas for sure. Thanks so much for playing along at The 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

    ReplyDelete