Thursday, November 21, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 18

It's day 18 of Tracey McNeeley's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  You can read about Tracey's fun event and play along here.

I'm still making tags to match  holiday wrapping paper and gift bags that I have on hand.  My goal is to each day find a tag that I'm inspired by (not hard at all with all the beautiful and creative designers participating), pick a wrapping paper or a gift bag, and when I can, use the  sponsor of the day products as well.  My supply of wrapping paper and gift bags is dwindling down, so it's getting a bit more challenging to tie all the elements together.

Today's sponsor is Neat & Tangled.  The designers made some really great tags for inspiration.  I especially like Koren's beautiful tag.  The image is adorable, the background is subtle, and the color combination really says winter holidays.  You can see Koren's tag (here).

I don't have any Neat & Tangled holiday sets, but I found a way to use the little lamb in the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee set for my tag.  I did some masking to remove the grass and leave the end of the banner open.  I used a Micron 08 pen to connect some lines and draw the Santa bag.  After I colored the bunny and bag with Copic markers, I made another mask of the completed image and stenciled on a brick  background.  A Santa hat, sentiment and some ribbon finished my tag.  It didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, but I'm glad that I was able to use products from the sponsor for the main image.

Many thanks to Neat & Tangled for being today's sponsor, and to Koren for the inspiration as well.

Eighteen down, seven to go!



 
Supplies:
Neat & Tangled Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee stamp
Essentials by Ellen Bear Ware 2 stamp and die (Santa hat & sentiment)
CAS-ual Fridays Tag Trio die
Neenah Classic Crest Colar White card stock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Micron 08 pen
Copic Markers:  C00, C1, E0000, RV00, R14, R17 R29 & R59
MFT Brick stencil
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink - Hickory Smoke
Versamark Watermark Ink
Wow! Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powder
Clear Wink of Stella  (hat)
Michael's/Celebrate It black card stock, ribbon & baker's twine



 
 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love how you made this little lamb into a Christmas figure! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. I try and use the sponsor's products as much as possible.

      Delete
  2. Oh - this is cute! Love how you have made it match the gift bag!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYSTARS! How clever and talented you are to transform this sweet little lamb into one Christmas-themed! Beyond adorable! LOVE this! Thrilled to see you in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete