Monday, November 11, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 - Day 8

Picket Fences Studio is the sponsor for day 8 of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 event hosted by Tracey McNeely.  You can read all about Tracey's inspirational tag making fun here. 

I like things to match, so I'm challenging myself to make tags to match wrapping paper I have on hand.  My goal is to each day find a tag that I'm inspired by (not hard at all with all the beautiful and creative designers participating), pick a wrapping paper or a gift bag, and when I can, use the  sponsor of the day products as well.

Today I'm using a gift bag that I bought a bulk package of last year.  Since I have several on hand, I'll need a few more tags that match it so you'll be seeing more of this red and green plaid bag in the days ahead.

The Picket Fences designers made so many beautiful tags.  Santas, snowmen, reindeer, snow globes and more.  I was drawn to Mindy Eggen's cute reindeer tag.  I like the CAS design with a crisp solid background and bright white sentiment.  Her little reindeer is adorable and beautifully colored too.  You can see Mindy's tag here.  I don't have any Picket Fences products, so I had to use supplies from the other companies listed below.

The reindeer was die cut three times and stacked for dimension.  The sentiment was moved to the top and I used pine sprigs at the top instead of a bow.   I also added a contrasting color tail at the bottom.

Many thanks to Mindy for the inspiration, and also to Picket Fences Studios for being the Day 8 sponsor.

Eight down, 17 to go!

 
Supplies:
MFT Tall Tag Duo die
MFT Deer Love reindeer die
Simon Says Stamp Merry Mistletoe sentiment stamp
VersaMark Watermark ink 
Wow! Opaque Bright White embossing powder
Pretty Pink Posh Pine Sprigs die
MFT Card Stock:  Kraft, Elf Green, and Field Day
Bronze card stock from my stash (reindeer)
Michael's Celebrate It ribbon



6 comments:

  1. Your tag is PERFECT for the bag you've chosen and, of course, perfect for the challenge! Especially love that your tag is 'long and lean'...could easily become a book mark! So glad to discover this in the gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. That's a great idea, a bookmark! I'll have to see if I can make a few specifically with that in mind.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy, I appreciate all of your kind and encouraging comments!

      Delete