Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Essentials by Ellen May 2018 Pin Sights Challenge - Mondo Sakura - Hello

I finally got a chance to ink up my new Essentials by Ellen Mondo Sakura stamp designed by the very talented Julie Ebersole.  I love all of Julie's Mondo floral stamps.  I decided to make a card for a young lady in a Facebook group that I belong to.  She's having surgery later this month, so I'll send a bit of happy mail her way.


I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's Stamped-Fold Card Designs video.  Her fish card is so adorable, but I decided to take a simpler approach to mine.  

I used just one piece of card stock cut to 5 1/2 x 11 inches.  I stamped and heat embossed the Mondo Sakura stamp on one end of the card stock as close to the end edge as possible.  Next I partially die cut the image and then used scissors to trim off the "hanging" top and bottom edges next to the die cut image edges.  The flowers were colored with just three Zig markers, Carmine Red, Light Carmine Red and Pale Green.


I then scored the card stock for a gate fold closure, making sure that the center section was a standard A2 width, 4 1/4 inches.   The right side gate fold was scored at 2 5/8 inches, but the two flap measurements can vary depending on the width your partially die cut image.  A piece of MFT Blueberry card stock was cut to 2 3/8 inches wide by 5 1/2 inch tall, dry embossed with a Park Lane Hanging Dots embossing folder, and then adhered to the right gate fold panel.

I die cut an EBE Brushstroke Hello twice, once using gold card stock from my stash and again with MFT Blueberry card stock.  The Blueberry Hello was adhered to the gold one slightly offset to the right for a shadow effect.


I wanted to make a lip balm holder to match the card, so I retrieved the first Mondo Sakura image I colored from my little pile of trash and used it.  After I had colored it, I immediately dropped an ink pad right on the large flower...grrrrrr...so I was going to toss it out.  I had to get creative with the placement of the salvageable flowers on the die cut MFT Tall Tag, but I like it offset.  The second Mondo Sakura I colored is on the finished card.


So that's my project for today.  Thanks for stopping by to take a look, and I'd be delighted to read your comments.


Essentials by Ellen Pin Sights Inspiration Board

Supplies:
EBE Mondo Sakura stamp and die
EBE Brushstroke Hello die
Strathmore Mixed Media Vellum Surface paper
Versamark ink and Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers 021, 022, 045
MFT Blueberry card stock
Park Lane Paperie Hanging Dots embossing folder
 MFT Tall Tag Duo die
MFT Lip Balm Window and Rip Strips dies
MFT Lip Balm Window
MFT Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots Pastels 6x6 Paper Pack
Lawn Fawn Tiny Tags die
Lawn Fawn Tiny Tags Sayings stamp
Catherine Pooler Juniper Mist dye ink









No comments:

Post a Comment