Monday, June 25, 2018

Essentials by Ellen Color Trend "Verdure" Challenge - It's Your Day

The current Color Trend Challenge from Essentials by Ellen showcases the color of the year, Ultra Violet, along with sky blue, several greens and a couple of mustard/golden brown shades.

I got out my Kuretake water colors to use not because I enjoy them, but because I want to improve my water coloring skills.  I find it difficult and frustrating, but I don't want to give up!

The Mondo Sakura stamp designed by Julie Ebersole for EBE is the star of my card, I used it for last month's Color Trend Challenge too.  This time I made a square birthday card using about 3/4 of the image and turned it upside down.   I'm happy with the way it turned out.  The very dear friend I made it for  is always so appreciate of my handmade cards, and I think she will like it too.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look, and I appreciate any comments you care to leave.  Have a great day.





Preview-full-Color Trend June Verdure


Supplies:
EBE Mondo Sakura stamp and die
EBE Wish Big sentiment stamp
Versafine Black Onyx ink
The Ton Double Stitched Square - Large dies
Kuretake Water Colors #51 May Green, #139 Purple, #44 Light Brown
Canson Cold Press watercolor paper, 140 lb.
Black card stock - stash
Paper Source Pure White 5.75" square fold over note card and envelope



No comments:

Post a Comment