Sunday, January 31, 2021

MFT Stamps Color Challenge 158 - Hope Your Birthday is Awesome

The current MFT Color Challenge colors are Cotton Candy, Ripe Raspberry, Cement Gray and Black Licorice.

I used the You're Super stamp and die set to make another birthday to donate.  My biggest challenge with this card was coloring the black hair.  I wanted a sheen or highlights to show, but I think my little superhero is a little too gray!   I decided to leave it rather than take the chance that I'd color it too solid black.

All of the MFT supplies are listed below.  Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a super day!

 


MFT Supplies:
You're Super stamps and dies
English Brick Wall stencil
Circle Shaker Window and Frame star die
Ripe Raspberry and Silver Sparkle card stock
Black & White Stripes 6x6 paper pack

Other:
Copic markers E0000, E000, E50, RV10, RV17,
C1, C3, C5, C7, C9 and 100
Clear Wink of Stella

2 comments:

  1. I'm no expert, Nancy, but I read on The Greetery blog where Betsy Veldman wrote that adding a bit of blue to black helps to create a highlight. She does water coloring so I'm not sure if you'd get the same effect with Copics. After all that let me say that I think this little Super Hero is colored awesomely and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your helpful hint, Cindy. I'll definitely try blue highlights next time!

      Delete