Monday, January 4, 2021

MFT Color Challenge 156 - Have A Hoot of a Day

I've always liked color challenges as they are a great way to combine colors that I normally wouldn't consider.  I haven't made a card for a MFT Color Challenge since July of last year, so I'm definitely overdue.

The current MFT Color Challenge is Sweet Tooth (I used Smooth White), Grout Gray, Berrylicious and Blueberry.  It's a nice combination and a fairly easy one to get back in to the swing with.

I always admire pretty blended ink backgrounds but I've rarely felt successful at making them myself.  Since it's a new year, I thought it would be good to push myself to try again. I used the MFT oval stencil and blended Broken China and Chipped Sapphire Distress inks and splattered it with water.

The cute little Copic colored owl is from the retired MFT I'm Owl Yours set, one that I use often for kids cards.  The tree branch is die cut with a free with $60 purchase die, thank you MFT for that.  I made a moon out of a circle die, and added three little stars for a bit of shine and detail at the top of the card.

All of the MFT supplies are listed below.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a hoot of a day!

 


MFT Supplies:
I'm Owl Yours stamps and die
Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX
Wonky Stitched Oval STAX
Tree Branch dies
Oval Extraordinaire Stencil
Smooth White, Grout Gray, Blueberry and Silver Shine card stock
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Nancy, this card is just so darling! You did a great job with the ink blending. Love this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete