Thursday, February 11, 2021

MFT Color Challenge 159 - Hip Hip Hooray

I'm back with another MFT Color Challenge card.  This time we are asked to used Lemon Chiffon, Sour Apple, Grapesicle and Gravel Gray.

Since I have all four of those card stock colors, I decided to make a card using each of them.  I cut random size strips of the card stock and then glued them to a piece of scrap paper.  Next I used the Hip Hip Hooray banner die to cut the background piece.  

I have to say that initially I didn't like the look of the banner at all. The color combination didn't appeal to me.  But I kept going and by the time I added the remaining elements, I was pleased with the end result.  I think the vellum balloon helped a lot by softening the multi-color stripes on most of the banner. Yet another example of why I like these color challenges.  I'm pushed to make color combinations work that I normally wouldn't even consider.

All of the MFT supplies are listed below.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

 

MFT Supplies:
Hip Hip Hooray dies
Perfect Fit Balloon dies
Slanted Sentiment Strips die
Blueprints 4 Tag Builder star die
Circle Window and Frame star die
Bitty Birthday Wishes sentiment stamp
Lemon Chiffon, Sour Apple, Grapesicle, Gravel Gray,
Smooth White and Silver Sparkle card stock
Heavyweight Translucent Vellum 





2 comments:

  1. Wow, Nancy, that's a tough color combo challenge but you did an excellent job of using them! Love that wonderful design, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. This was a tough one, but that's why they call them challenges, right?! :-)

      Delete