Monday, July 15, 2019

AAA CAS Game 144 - Maxi White Space

Hello, and thanks for stopping by.

Today I have a card for the current AAA Cards CAS Game - Maxi White Space with an optional twist of Christmas in July.  This is a perfect challenge for me as I'm working on holiday cards to donate later this year.

I kept my card super simple with two strings of lights and a sentiment from the Essentials by Ellen Merry & Bright set designed by Julie Ebersole.

The strings and bulbs were stamped with Altenew Evergreen dye ink and colored with Copic markers.  The white bulb is colored with clear Wink of Stella for a tiny bit of shimmer.  I used a small paint brush to cover each bulb with Glossy Accents.  The sentiment is stamped with Memento Lady Bug dye ink.

I hope your day shines bright!



The shine on the bulbs is hard to see, so here's a close-up.




Supplies:
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock
Essentials by Ellen Merry & Bright stamp set
Altenew Crisp Ink - Evergreen
Memento Dye Ink - Lady Bug
Copic markers: B24, B29, G05, G19, R17 & R29
Wink of Stella - clear
Glossy Accents
Paper Source Pure White card A2 folding card base

12 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute this is! I always love strings of Christmas lights on cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking a look at my card, Angie. I appreciate your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. I love clean and simple cards, and this one's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cacia. CAS cards require great restraint from me which is why I love the AAA CAS challenges!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful CAS card and perfect for our challenge. Love the shine! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle. I found using a small paint brush really helpful when applying the Glossy Accents.

      Delete
  4. Awesome card! Plenty of empty white space and a beautiful trail of rainbow lights. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane. I think I got this one correctly CAS!

      Delete
  5. What a beautifully CAS card, Nancy! It's perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa. And congrats on joining the AAA design team!

      Delete
  6. I really like this Christmas card, the design is spot on. Great placement of the sentiment and red makes a nice change from black. Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking time to leave a kind comment, much appreciated. Enjoy the weekend x

    ReplyDelete