Saturday, June 22, 2019

MFT Sketch 442 - Hope Your Birthday is a Hoot

This week's MFT Sketch Challenge has a lot of components to it.  I don't have a die to make an arch as shown in the sketch, so I had to get creative and come up with something that would at least resemble the arch across the upper portion of the card. 

The base of my card is Whip Cream card stock that was dry embossed with a Darice wood grain embossing folder.  I lightly brushed the wood grain with brown ink to add a bit of color and dimension.  

The Snow Globe die gave me the shape of an arch and provided an inset for the owls.  The upper portion of the arch is framed with leaves to more closely resemble the shape of the arch in the sketch.

I moved the squirrel, meant to represent the circle element of the sketch, to the opposite side so he is looking up at the mama owl, the mama owl is looking at the squirrel, and the little owl is looking at his mama.  I don't know if anyone else will notice, but I thought it was cute that way. 

The card didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned, but I think a child recipient of the Send a Smile for Kids card drive will like it.  Next on my list is to make two Christmas and holiday cards using the same sketch as a guide.

All of the MFT supplies are listed below.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

P.S.  The edges of the brown card stock are even on my card.  For some reason I often have trouble reflecting that in my photographs.  Does anyone else have that problem, or a suggestion to avoid it when taking the picture?


 

MFT Supplies:
I'm Owl Yours stamps and die 
Wild Woodland stamps and dies
Wild Greenery dies
Tree Branch die (free with $60 purchase - thanks MFT!)
Snow Globe die
Slanted Sentiment die
A2 Rectangle STAX dies
MFT card stock:
Whip Cream, Chocolate Brown, Gumdrop Green, and Sour Apple

 




No comments:

Post a Comment