Thursday, June 20, 2019

AAA Birthday Card Game 2 - Use Water Colors

Today I have a card for the AAA Birthday Card game.  For this second Birthday Card Game, we were asked to use water colors.

I chose the MFT Fresh Cut Flowers Background stamp.  It was the first time had I used it, and the first time in quite a few months that I've water colored an image.  I really enjoyed it.

I stamped the image with Versamark ink on Strathmore Bristol paper and then heat embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.  It's my favorite gold embossing power, a soft warm, gold.

The water coloring was done with Zig markers and a water brush.  The colors I used are listed below.

The sentiment is from the MFT More Essential Sentiments set.  It was also heat embossed with Liquid Platinum embossing powder and then popped up with a piece of foam tape.

The water colored image is mounted on a piece of blue vellum, and I added a strip of washi tape to the left side.  I used an A6 (6.25" x 4.5") Pure White card base from Paper Source.







 

Supplies:
Strathmore Bristol 100lb Smooth Surface card stock 
MFT Fresh Cut Flowers Background stamp
Versmark ink
Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
MFT More Essential Sentiments stamp
MFT Slanted Sentiment Strips die
Reflections blue vellum
Reflections gold & white washi tape
Water brush
Paper Source A6 Pure White card base
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers:
036 Light Blue, 041 Light Green, 045 Pale Green, 055 Pale Yellow,
067 Mustard, 072 Beige, 083 Lilac and 200 Sugared Almond Pink




11 comments:

  1. How beautifully water collured! Love your choice of pastel colours, so restful and pretty. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! I enjoyed making this card. Thanks for the inspiring challenge prompt.

      Delete
  2. So soft and pretty... Zigs are really bright and you’ve managed to mute the colors beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trina. I appreciate your kind words of encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful card. Thank you so much for playing at AAA Birthday. Hope to see you join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the softness you've achieved with this card. So pretty. Thanks for joining us this month at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pip. I appreciate your kind comments!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful card!! loved the soft colors you used,so pretty.Thank you so much for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete