Thursday, June 20, 2019

AAA CAS Game 142 - One Layer - Black & White

Hello, and thanks for stopping by to take a look at my card for the current AAA CAS Cards game #142, a one layer card with an optional twist using only black and white.

I love the DT team inspiration cards for this challenge.  They are striking, crisp and clean.  So many different creative layouts as well.  I started planning my card in my mind right away.  

Once I sat down to create what I thought I wanted to make, oh my, did I struggle.  This game was definitely a challenge for me.  I found it difficult to see my card as anything other than a stamped image waiting to be colored.  I worked my way through several different images and design ideas, not happy with any of them.  So I set aside this project for a few days and moved on to some other cards I needed to make.

A few days later, using the Shoe Wardrobe set by The Ton Stamps came to mind, and I was immediately on my way to creating a one layer black and white card that I liked.  And even though I'm not a high heel shoe girl, I love the message of the Coco Chanel quote that I used.  It's from the Timeless Icons set, also by The Ton Stamps.  I added some score lines to my card for added interest while still keeping it CAS and one layer.

Have a great day, and thanks again for stopping by!


Supplies:
The Ton Stamps Shoe Wardrobe 2 & Timeless Icons Sentiment stamps
Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink
Paper Source Pure White card stock








6 comments:

  1. Oh I love that image and quote! And what a fabulous CAS design too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jane. I appreciate your encouragement. This one was a good challenge for me!

      Delete
  2. Very cool sentiment, my high heels days are sadly over, but in my head I still wear them lol. Thank you forplaying at AAA Cards with your fabulous CAS card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Maaike. Yep, my high heal days are pretty much over too, but the sentiment applies in any case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your high heals card! Stunning! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Asa. I've gotten a lot of use from that set of stamps making note card gift sets.

      Delete