Friday, May 21, 2021

MFT Sketch Challenge 542 - All Systems Are Go for a Happy Birthday

This week's MFT Sketch Challenge is a layout with three circles vertically arranged on the left side of the panel. 

I recently took advantage of another great MFT sale and bought the Best Friends in the Universe stamp and die set.  I think the cute astronauts with their round helmets are perfect for the sketch without using circle cutouts.

Ink blending is definitely not my strong suit, but I always admire the beautiful galaxy backgrounds that I see other card makers create.  Using the few Distress Ink colors that I have on hand, I blended the inks, used a paintbrush to add metallic silver and white craft paint splatters, and attached some silver glitter card stock stars to it.

All of the images are colored with Copic markers, and I added clear Wink of Stella to the planets for a bit of shimmer.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

 

MFT Supplies:
Best Friend in the Universe stamps and dies
Stars in the Sky die
Slanted Sentiment Strips die
Silver Shine, Silver Sparkle and Black Licorice card stock 
 

Copic markers and Distress Inks:

Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire and Hickory Smoke
Distress Inks





2 comments:

  1. Nancy, I love your interpretation of the sketch - it's perfect and so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete