Monday, April 27, 2020

MFT Sketch Challenge 486 - 'Tis the Season to be Jolly

Hello, and thanks for stopping by to take a look at my card for the current MFT Sketch Challenge.

Once again, I've made a card to donate later this fall to Christina Hor's winter theme Cards for Little Hearts drive.  You can read about Christina's card drives here.

I found this sketch really hard, but I guess that's the point of a challenge!  I got hung-up on the three sided frame in the sketch and just couldn't come up with anything that I liked.  After a few attempts, my final version is below, and as you can see, I made my frame four sided.

A note about the sentiment.  I cut apart the sentiment stamp a while back, and in the process damaged the n.  So I typed "tis the season to be" on the computer and then stamped jolly next to it so it would match the fa la la la la font.

The "fa la la la la" was repeat stamped with MFT Cherry Crisp ink, super easy with my MISTI.  The cute PI Perfect Harmony girl is colored with Copic markers.  Since it's winter, of course, I added long sleeves and striped tights to her outfit.

The card is pretty busy with patterns, so I used a thin strip of green card stock die cut with a pattern instead of a scalloped edge to separate the top and bottom panels.  The tail of the left side "f" hanging below the green strip bothers me a bit, but I didn't have time to go back and redo the card again.  I doubt the young heart patient that receives the card will mind.

All of the MFT supplies are listed below.  Have a jolly day!



MFT Supplies:
Perfect Harmony stamp and die
Trim the Tree sentiment stamp
Elegant Rectangles STAX dies
Stars in the Sky Vertical die
Homespun Stitched Lines die
Slanted Sentiment Strips die
Cherry Crisp ink
Black & White Stripes 6x6 paper pack
Cherry Crisp, Field Green and Silver Shine card stock






2 comments: