Friday, April 20, 2018

EBE Mondo Peony for IGCC April 2018 Hard Challenge

This month's Instagram Crafty Crew (IGCC) hard challenge featured a sketch and color prompt.  I actually missed the part about the color prompt, oops, but my card coincidentally followed it fairly well. 

I used the pretty Essential by Ellen Mondo Peony stamp for my focal point.  It, along with the Mondo Hydrangea, both designed by Julie Ebersole, are my favorite floral stamps. You can see a few of my favorite cards with those stamps here.   I like to keep my cards featuring the big beautiful flowers  CAS, but this IGCC sketch had a few layers of design, thus the hard challenge, at least for me.  I fiddled with the layout longer than I want to admit!


I stamped and heat embossed the Mondo Peony stamp on watercolor paper, then colored it with Zig markers and lots of water. To bring a scalloped edge element to the design, four die cut MFT Scalloped Frames were stacked for dimension with a sheet of blue vellum underneath them.  One end of a die cut Neat and Tangled Doily Envelope added some detail behind the die cut peony that I popped up with foam tape.  The curved banner, lightly shaded with a Copic marker, and the sentiment are from the Avery Elle Mom and Dad stamp and die set.  A few Pretty Pink Posh sequins finished the card.


IGCC April 2018 Hard Challenge - sketch and color inspiration prompt.


I thank you very much for stopping by to take a look at my card.


Supplies:
Paper:  Canson Cold Press Watercolor Paper, Blue Vellum (from my stash)
Card stock:  MFT Pink Lemonade, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Ink:  Versamark, and Hero Arts White Satin Pearl Embossing Powder
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers:  025, 045, 050, 071, 200
Copic marker:  BG70
Pretty Pink Posh:  Pink Blush sequins

Stamps and dies:  
Essentials by Ellen Mondo Peony stamps and dies
MFT Scalloped Frame die
Neat and Tangled Doily Envelope die
AveryElle Mom and Dad stamp and die



No comments:

Post a Comment