Monday, April 30, 2018

Essential by Ellen Pin Sights Challenge - Mondo Magnolia

This month's EBE Pin Sights challenge inspiration board is so pretty.  I love the colors of the succulents, and since I don't have any succulent stamps, I used the pretty Mondo Magnolia stamp for my card. 

After stamping and heat embossing the stamp on watercolor paper, I used Kuretake watercolors to color the flowers.  I really struggle with watercolors and hadn't touched them for months.   I want to let the color and water move and flow, but the control part of me always tries to rein the colors in and blend them a bit too much.  I'm pretty happy with the way these turned out, but I definitely need more practice. 

A sentiment from the EBE Lovely set, a piece of blue vellum from my stash, and a pretty envelope to match, and that's it.  I might add some sequins later, but for now I just want the flowers to take center stage.

Thank you very much for stopping by.



Inspiration Board
Pin-Sights Color Trend Drama Queen April 

Supplies:
Canson Cold Press Watercolor Paper
EBE Mondo Magnoila and Lovely sentiment stamps
Versamark ink and Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
Kuretake Water Colors 50 Pale Aqua, 62 Cobalt Blue and 139 Purple
The Ton Double Stitched Squares dies
Blue Vellum paper
Paper Source Luxe White square fold over note card, envelope and liner paper




No comments:

Post a Comment