Friday, April 27, 2018

MFT Sketch 382 - Youv'e Got Mail

Hello and thanks for stopping by today.

For this week's sketch challenge, I made a matching card and lip balm holder for a girl in a FB  Happy Mail group I belong to.

The sketch resembles the back of an envelope, so a You've Got Mail card was my first thought.  After deciding on a color scheme, I colored and die cut the cute little mail carrier.  A piece of patterned paper cut in a triangle shape mimics the back flap of the envelope, and the the largest Scalloped Frame die was cut and trimmed to fit for a boarder.  Two of the Homespun Stitched Lines dies give the bottom of the envelope some detail, and the tiny heart is meant to resemble an envelope seal.  For the matching lip balm holder, I chose the fishtail bookmark since the bottom of it is the reverse of the envelope flap.

I think this little bit of happy mail will bring a smile to the recipient's face, and that's what my card making journey is all about!



 

MFT Supplies:
You've Got Mail stamp and die
Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frame die
Homespun Stitched Lines dies
Slanted Sentiment Strips die
I'm Owl Yours heart die
Tall Tag Duo die
Lip Balm Window and Rip Strip dies
Interactive Labels stamp
Calm & Cozy Chevron 6x6 Paper Pack

Mail carrier colored with Copic markers




No comments:

Post a Comment