Monday, April 9, 2018

MFT Sketch 379 and April Birthday Project Challenges - Good Fortune


I combined two challenges for today's card.  The MFT April Birthday Project Challenge features a gift card, and the sketch this week is all about angles.  I originally intended to have a gift card popping out of the food container, but found that the container is too narrow.  So I'm taking some liberty by using cash instead.

I used the new to me MFT Chinese Take Out dies and Good Fortune stamp set.  Both of the fortune cookies have pull-out birthday messages.
  
The chop sticks are die cut with white birch wood grain veneer paper sheets from my stash.
                                                                          

I made a pocket for the cash to pop out of the food container.   First I die cut four of the food containers.  Next I used the container handle die to cut out an area on three of the containers.  Then I stacked and glued all four container pieces together.  This worked well for folded-up cash, but the container is too narrow to use a similar method for a gift card.

This was a fun project, and I thank you for stopping by to take a look.



MFT Supplies:
Chinese Take Out dies
Good Fortune stamps
Cherry Crisp card stock
Black & White Stripes 6x6 Paper Pack

Fortune cookies colored with Copic marker E50, and E51 to slightly darken the edges











No comments:

Post a Comment