Thursday, September 21, 2017

MFT Stamps 2017 Card Design Superstar Innovation Master

There are so many amazing and elaborate cards entered in the Innovation Master challenge!  I made a six-panel accordion fold birthday card.  It's about 4-inches square, and rather than an envelope, the slip-over band with the recipient's name on it keeps the card neatly folded-up accordion style.   My card is pretty simple, and it was my first attempt at making one like it.  I made it without a tutorial or inspiration piece, so for me it was innovative, but I'm sure many similar ones have been made before!  I'm pleased with the result and I'm sure little Emma will love it.




I used the Oval Sentiment Label Strip die to make the slip-over band.  I simply cut a strip of card stock to size, scored the ends to allow for a snug fit, and adhered the strip to each end of the die cut oval label piece.  A second Oval Sentiment Label Strip was die cut using the cute polka dot paper.  I trimmed it so the band would be all white from each side on the front and across the back.


Close-up of the first three panels.


The second three panels.
I left a small white space on the last panel for a place to sign the card.


MFT Supplies:
 Beary Special Birthday stamps and dies
Birthday Bears stamps and dies
Santa's Elves stamps and dies
Double Stitched Square Frames die
Pierced Circle Frames die
Oval Sentiment Label Strip die
Stitched Alphabet Banner dies  
Cotton Candy card stock
Sweet Celebrations 6x6 Paper Pack

Images colored with Copic markers, Wink of Stella and clear glitter pen.
Balloons are embellished with Glossy Accents.

 

Thanks for taking a look at my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment