Wednesday, July 25, 2018

MFT Sketch 395 - Congrats

My daughter recently made a few background pieces for me after I sent a copy of the Splitcoaststampers  Nail Polish Marbling Tutorial to her.  You can see that tutorial here.  Although my daughter is not a crafter, she was happy to play with her huge assortment of nail polish colors and create several pieces for me. 

I had an engagement card on my list of cards to make, and this week's MFT sketch and one of the background pieces were a perfect match.  

The 'congrats' is four layers thick with each layer slightly offset for added dimension.  I used MFT Summer Splash, gold glitter card stock from my stash, and two layers of white card stock.  The leaves are die cut from MFT Sno Cone card stock and  vellum.   The banner piece is light blue vellum, also from my stash.  I placed the leaves at an angle rather than the sentiment strip per the sketch.  The gold on the background piece has a soft shimmer to it that doesn't show up in the picture.

I love the way it turned out.  I think it's pretty but not too frilly, and that's always my goal when making engagement, wedding and anniversary cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!



MFT Supplies:
Pierced Circle Frame die
Congrats die (free with $60 purchase - thanks MFT!)
Wild Greenery dies
Sno Cone  and Summer Splash card stock


No comments:

Post a Comment