Monday, July 16, 2018

MFT Color Challenge 97 and The Birthday Project - Bears

For the current color and birthday project challenges, I made two bear birthday cards.  The color challenge incorporating Peach Bellini, Coral Crush, Lemon Chiffon and In the Buff is again a combination I wouldn't think of using, but I like the results very much.  

I have all the colors of card stock except In the Buff on hand, but I used MFT ink and the complimentary Copic markers instead for both cards.  The "Copic Color Markers" chart in the Resources section of the MFT blog is really helpful for that.

Peach Bellini and In the Buff inks were sponged on white card stock using the MFT Drifts and Hills stencil for the background pieces.  The bears, hats and balloons were colored with Copic markers.  I used Simply White Nuvo Crystal Drops to add tiny dots to the party hats.

Of the two cards, my favorite is the first one below.  Maybe that's because I used the new to me LJD Jumbo Peek-a-Boo Circle Window die for the first time.  

I be delighted to know which of the two cards you like the best if you'd care to leave a comment below.





The Birthday Project - Beary Happy Birthday

 MFT Supplies:
Beary Special Birthday stamps and dies
Birthday Bears stamp and die (balloons on 2nd card)
Drifts & Hills stencil
LJD Jumbo Peek-a-Boo Circle Window die
Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window die and Shaker Pouch
A2 Rectangle STAX Set 1 die
Tag Builder Blue Prints 4 sentiment label die
Premium Dye Ink:  Peach Bellini and In the Buff






1 comment:

  1. Love both of the cards! That combo is so pretty! The first one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete