Friday, February 23, 2018

Essentials by Ellen Mondo Hydrangea Card For a Special Mom

I belong to a Facebook group that supports chronically ill children with happy mail.  Most of the kids have multiple and very serious health issues.  Each month a mom is selected the "mum of the month" just as a way to support them too.  In fact, sometimes I think the group is as much for the parents as it is for the kids.  It must help a lot to know that complete strangers are willing to send your ill child some smiles and cheer.

I used the Essentials by Ellen Mondo Hydrangea stamps and dies for a card for the February mum of the month.  I've gotten to know her and her story a bit as one of her kids is my "monthly match" meaning I send her daughter a handmade card and a few small goodies every month.  This mom has three young kids, all with special needs.  Her struggles are mighty, but so is her unending love and devotion to her kids.   It's a great group to support, and it certainly puts things in perspective for me often.

I'm also entering this card in the Essentials by Ellen February Pin Sights Challenge.  The soft colors on the macaroons are so pretty.

Thanks for taking a look at my blog.  I hope you have a wonderful day!

 Supplies:
EBE Mondo Hydrangea stamp and die
AveryElle Beautiful Bow sentiment stamp
The Ton Double Stitched Large Square die
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers:
045 Pale Green, 083 Lilac, 200 Sugared Almond Pink and 200 Shadow Mauve

EBE February Pin Sights Challenge Inspiration Board





No comments:

Post a Comment