Wednesday, March 28, 2018

AAA Cards CAS Game #111 - Use Only One Third



My first AAA Cards challenge entry!  I've been following AAA Cards challenges for a long time, always admiring the beautiful CAS cards created and decided to jump in this time.

I donate most of the cards I make to a few different organizations.  I've been working on Mother's Day cards for Send A Smile 4 Kids, an organization that supports children's hospitals scattered around the country with handmade cards for pediatric inpatients.  Sometimes the cards are for the kids, but for Mother's Day and Father's Day, we make cards for the kids to give to their loved ones.  I send my cards to a very kind woman in Pennsylvania, and she forwards them to four hospitals in the Northeast.

On to my card.  It's simple, but it was a challenge for me to come up with a design limited to one third of the card.  I used the pretty Mondo Hydrangea stamp and the Hinged Alpha letter dies, both by Essentials by Ellen, and created a peek-a-boo of matching flowers behind the hinged letters.  The flowers were colored with Zig markers on watercolor paper.  A few 4mm sequins by Pretty Pink Posh finished off my card.

Thanks so much for taking a look at my first AAA challenge entry, I appreciate it!




Supplies:
Canson Cold Press Watercolor Paper
VersaMark Ink
Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder
Essentials by Ellen Mondo Hydrangea stamp and Hinged Alpha dies
MFT Stamps All About You sentiment stamps
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 021, 025, 050, 067, 200
Pretty Posh Pink Pink Blush 4mm Sequins
Paper Source Luxe White Foldover Note Card




Update
I was so happy to learn that my entry was named one of the Top Three, and I was asked to be a Guest Designer for Game #115 - Inspired by Nature.  Watch for my AAA Cards Guest Designer post on May 13, 2018.










3 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card, Nancy! Perfect for mother's day. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a wonderful first entry into our challenge it is too Nancy! I love everything about it - especially the colours and the peek-a-boo! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you decided to play with us at AAA Cards, Nancy. What a fabulous introductory entry. Adore your coloring and the color palette. Hope to see you again. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete