Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The Flower Challenge #29 "Use Your Latest Stamps or DIes" - Happy Birthday

Hello.  I'm back today with a card for the current Flower Challenge.  This time we are asked to use our latest stamps or dies.  

Looking back at my online orders, I found that the Essentials by Ellen Mondo Sakura was my last floral stamp or die purchase and that was in May 2018.  I love all of Julie Ebersole's mondo floral designs.  They are big and bold with endless layout orientation and design options.

I have a few friends and relatives with springtime birthdays, so I decided to get a jump on those cards and color soft pink and yellow Sakuras with Zig markers.

First a 5-inch square of mixed media paper was die cut.   The image was then stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.  I used four Zig markers and a water brush to color the flowers.  Once I decided which orientation I wanted the image to be, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiments.  The large center flower was highlighted by die cutting a 3-inch square of it and popping it up with foam tape.  A square of blue vellum provides a soft frame, and a few Rock Candy Confetti embellishments by Trinity Stamps finished my card.

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a closer look at my card.  Have a great day!




Supplies:
The Ton Double Stitched Squares dies - large
Strathmore Mixed Media Vellum Surface paper, 184 lb
Versamark ink
Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
Essentials by Ellen Mondo Sakura stamp
Essentials by Ellen Lovely sentiment stamps
Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers:  045, 055, 200 & 303
Recollections Vellum paper
Trinity Stamps Rock Candy Confetti 
Paper Source Pure White card stock





4 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous card. Love your colouring and design. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at The Flower Challenge.
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel. It's a beautiful image with many layout options.

      Delete
  2. I have been away and not commenting on The Flower Challenge but just wanted to drop in and say what a stunning creation this is. Absolutely eye catching xx Aileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Aileen. I appreciate your kind comments.

      Delete