Wednesday, February 20, 2019

IG Crafty Crew February Hard Challenge - Wiper Card

Hello, and thanks for stopping by.

I hadn't participated in an IG Crafty Crew challenge for several months, but when I saw the February Hard Challege - Make a Wiper Card, I decided to jump in. 

The MFT Birdbath dies and my brand new Picket Fences ink blending brushes were used for the first time.   I've always struggled with ink blending, but those brushes do make it much easier.  There are lots of wiper card tutorials and videos online, and I found the instructions easy to follow as I set out to make my first wiper card.  I made my card on a 4.25" x 8.5" base scored at 1.5" and 3".

The birdbath was die cut using MFT Cement Gray card stock three times and stacked for a bit of dimension.  I used Copic marker C5 to add some shading.  I trimmed the bottom of the picket fence to make it shorter so that the entire pedestal wouldn't be covered.

I'll donate this card to Christina Hor's Cards for Little Hearts card drive.  You can read about her great program here.

All of the supplies are listed below, most are MFT Stamps.  Have a tweet day!




MFT Supplies:
A Tweet Hello stamps and dies
Sweet Sloths cloud dies
Birdbath die
Picket Fence die
Slanted Sentiment die
Clouds stencil
Drifts and Hills stencil
Gravel Gray and Sno Cone card stock
Extreme Black hybrid ink pad

Other Supplies:
Lawn Fawn Grassy Boarder die
Distress Oxide Inks:  Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio
Copic markers:  G43, B0000, B00, BG000, R01, R11, R20, C1, C3, C5 and YR68
Neenah Solar White card stock









No comments:

Post a Comment