Thursday, February 21, 2019

MFT Sketch 425 & Color 111 Challenges - Hey, You!

Today I have a card for both the  MFT Stamps Sketch 425 and Color 111 Challenges.

When I saw the list of colors for the color challenge, the MFT Good Fortune and Chinese Take Out sets immediately came to mind, and the latest sketch challenge was a good layout for the card I had envisioned.

The challenge colors are Sweet Tooth, Gravel Gray, Red Hot and Electric Red.  I used MFT Cherry Crisp for the Electric Red, and Memento Lady Bug ink for the slightly lighter Red Hot.

Thin strips of foam tape were used around the outer edges of the underside of the red piece of card stock.  Doing this  makes it much easier to slide the fortunes in and out of the cookies.  I wish I had made the red piece of card stock a bit larger, but overall I'm happy with the way the card turned out.

I wanted to make an encouragement or thinking of you type of card for Christina Hor's Cards for Little Hearts, so I selected the fortunes and sentiment with that in mind.  You can read about Christina's card drive here.

Thanks very much for stopping by.  As always, your comments are appreciated!




https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh-DG8AzBpZ5jBcBA7s5Fudg0E0-IaO04CJE0DxPiZvW2Db9qhRLk7AVC9Vyfj6KlmZG3LDFAbf3s1bIsYuZ1VW_bZiRUYJH31K3X0C_Zem6reHnD9Ut_GQnVnbpaOiUH1zTsZTpOnjk0BA/s1600/MFT_WSC_425.jpg



MFT Supplies:
Good Fortune stamps
Chinese Take Out dies
Wild Greenery die
More Essential Sentiments stamp
Cherry Crisp and Gravel Gray card stock
Heavyweight Translucent Vellum
Black & White Stripes 6x6 paper pack

Other:
Memento Gray Flannel and Lady Bug ink
Paper Source Pure White card stock and Red envelope























3 comments:

  1. This concept is fun, and I love how you pulled it off. The design works really well with the sketch and the colors, but it has its own unique presence, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Casia, for your kind comments. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete