Monday, January 21, 2019

AAA Cards - CAS Game #132 - Up to One Third with Masking - Best Wishes

Hello, and thanks for stopping by to take a closer look at my card for the current AAA Cards challenge, Up to One Third with an optional twist to use masking.

I needed to make a bridal shower card for a young woman whose wedding colors are very soft neutrals with minimal use of light green.  This challenge gave me the perfect design prompt.

I love The Ton's Haute Wedding Dress and Sending Peonies sets.  Both of the sets have gotten a lot of use over the past few years especially for bridal shower cards.

First I stamped the bride with Versamark ink on white card stock, then it was heat embossed with Liquid Platinum embossing powder.  It's a warm, soft gold, one of my favorites.  The bride was then stamped on a piece of masking paper with black ink and fussy cut, a very simple image to do.  I applied the mask to bride and then positioned the spray of peonies stamp above and behind her.  

For the peonies, Hero Arts Satin Pearl embossing powder was used.  I decided (after a few attempts!) that using gold for both images wasn't a soft enough look.  The lace bodice of the bride's dress was also heat embossed with Satin Pearl powder. 

Copic markers were used to add some detail, but I tried to keep the flowers very subtle.  The sentiment was heat embossed with the Liquid Platinum powder as well.

Initially I started out making an A6 card, 4 1/2 x 6 1/4-inches, but I decided to cut it down to 4 1/2-inches square.  Doing that brought the focus on the card right to the bride and pretty peonies, and I think it still meets the "up to one third" challenge.  I'll make a 4 3/4-inch square envelope to match the card.

I always think my cards look prettier in person, and that's the case for this one too.  It's soft yet crisp, very  bridal, and I think it suits the bride's taste perfectly.





Supplies:
The Ton: Haute Wedding Dress and Sending Peonies stamps
Neenah Solar White card stock
Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder
Hero Arts Satin Pearl embossing powder
Versamark ink
Inkadinkado masking paper and Versafine Onyx Black ink

Copic markers:
Skin:  E0000, E000, RV00
Hair:  E000, E31, E53
Peonies:  W00, W0
Leaves:  G20, G40
Dress (next to the gold folds of the skirt):  C00



14 comments:

  1. This bride is just gorgeous!! I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic! Swooning over those stamps and how you've added sparkle and shine. Absolute stunner of a card! Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you in our gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Jane. They are such pretty stamps to work with.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, I love the soft, magical look of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! This is so elegant! Simply stunning bride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I appreciate your kind comments.

      Delete
  5. Nancy, what a beautiful card!!! And I can't help but notice Sadie at the side of your blog...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty, for the kind card and Sadie comments!

      Delete
  6. Wow. This is a truly beautiful card! I love it. So elegant and timeless. Stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucie, I enjoyed making it, and I think it suits the bride perfectly!

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful and delicate card. Love how you stamped and heat embossed the bride and those stunning peony's. Your card is so striking and absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mac, your kind words are appreciated!

      Delete