Saturday, January 12, 2019

AAA Cards - CAS Game 131 - Sketch Challenge

Hello.  I'm back today with a card for the first AAA Cards challenge of the new year.  It's a sketch challenge with an optional twist to use pastel colors.

Since I'm still working on cards to donate to the Cards for Little Hearts "Heart Month" card drive, I used the sketch challenge to make a heart themed card suitable for a young adult cardiac patient.  You can read more about Christina Hor's year-round card drive here.

First I used the Simon Says Stamp Stacked Hearts die to cut the hearts using white card stock.  The die cut was trimmed so I had three rows of connected hearts. After adhering the stacked hearts to the lower third of a piece of white card stock, I filled the open hearts with white, pink and gold hearts.  The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  The completed design panel was adhered to a piece of matching pink card stock, and then adhered to a A2 size card base.

I made a second card with another three row section of the stacked hearts die cut.  Using red, black and white hearts and red embossing gave the card a more masculine look, also suitable for a young adult cardiac patient.

Thanks very much for stopping by to take a closer look at my card, and have a great day!



Sketch Game #131
 




Second card


Supplies: 
Simon Says Stamp Stacked Hearts die
MFT Rectangle STAX Set 1 die
Neat & Tangled Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee sentiment stamp
Versamark ink
Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder
Recollections pink and gold card stock
Paper Source Pure White card stock


Additional supplies for second:
MFT Black & White Stripes 6x6 paper pack
MFT Crisp Cherry card stock
Recollections black card stock
Ranger Rich Red embossing powder

10 comments:

  1. Such thoughtful and gorgeous cards. Great designs and ever so pretty X

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both amazing! Love the sweet pastel colours and the bold vibrant ones too. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards and I hope we'll see your CAS cards pop up regularly in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the touch of gold on the pink card, and pop of red on the other. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dena. I always like a pink and gold together too!

      Delete
  4. Such pretty cards and it is so nice of you to donate to the Cards for Little Hearts group! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Cheryl. I get a lot of joy out of donating my cards.

      Delete
  5. Aww.. so lovely in those pastels, I love this take on the sketch, simple and crisp and a great sentiment too. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards, hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ishani. I appreciate your kind comments.

      Delete